Oakland’s notorious serial evictor is William J. Rosetti with 4,000 eviction notices
By Lynda Carson – November 1, 2016
Oakland — With over 4,000 eviction notices served, William J. Rosetti, aka Bill Rosetti, is a prominent member of Mayor Libby Schaaf’s, Oakland Housing Cabinet. William J. Rosetti, aka Bill Rosetti, is allegedly the biggest serial evictor in Oakland, and he is affiliated with more than one hundred companies, LLCs and speculative real estate partners around the San Francisco Bay Area, according to the Anti-Eviction Mapping Project.
Based on information with the Anti-Eviction Mapping Project, William J. Rosetti has been partnering with other large property holders such as Christine Davis of Baltic Property Ventures, Frederick O. Lewis of California Affordable Housing Group LLC and the Robert E. Faussner Trust. Rosetti’s shell companies are associated with over 4000 eviction notices served in Alameda County in the past five years, and more than 500 Unlawful Detainers in the last ten years.
Despite the evidence revealing that William J. Rosetti is a serial evictor displacing thousands of renters from their housing in Oakland, according to public records, with the Bureau of Real Estate, the real estate license of William J. Rosetti, aka Bill Rosetti, expired on 8/9/1996, and it appears that William J. Rosetti, aka Bill Rosetti, is operating without a valid real estate license in the State of California, while evicting thousands of people in Oakland, and Alameda County.
According to the Anti-Eviction Mapping Project, see the available number of eviction notices in Oakland filed by companies associated with William Rosetti.
The numbers based on Oakland Rent Board Data (2008, 2011-2016).
J R Land and Cattle Company 967
2232 Seminary LLC 490
2000 East 30th Street LLC 423
WESTPARK II (Associated with Faussner Trust) 470
BALTIC PROPERTY VENTURES IV LLC 349
1948 EAST 29TH STREET LLC 254
WEST PARK APARTMENTS LLC 202
301 EAST OKEEFE LLC 126
KINGSTON ASSOCIATES LP (Rosetti and Baltic) 111
366 BELLEVUE LLC 106
685 SCOFIELD LLC 106
115 MOSS AVENUE LLC 102
1627 HIGH STREET LLC 84
CA AFFORDABLE HOUSING GROUP LLC 67
301 LENOX LLC 52
2228 UNION STREET INVESTORS 43
3025 PARK BLVD LLC 48
KINGSTON ASSOCIATES II LLC 21
BANCROFT ROW LLC 15
KINGSTON ASSOCIATES LP 2031 EUCLID GP 9
1948 EAST 29TH STREET LLC SCHUBERTH MAUREEN ETAL 7
314 PERKINS STREET LLC 4
685 SCOFIELD LLC CAPITOL COOLEY LLC 3
Oak Fund LLC 3
1707 36TH LLC 3
290 Lee Street LLC 2
1551 MADISON LLC 1
William J. Rosetti Is A Friend Of Mayor Libby Schaaf And A Member Of The Oakland Housing Cabinet.
Additionally, according to public records, as a friend of Mayor Libby Schaaf, William J. Rosetti, aka Bill Rosetti, is a financially committed friend to right-wing causes and is a wealthy campaign contributor to the Republican Party, and it’s members. Through the years he has been contributing thousands of dollars to right-wing Republicans, and their right-wing campaigns. He also contributed $500 to Swalwell For Congress during 2015.
During 2016, Rosetti also gave $250 in campaign contributions to the controversial right-wing radical group called the Defenders of Freedom Security, a group of defense policy hawks who want to keep America a leading world power through the massive use of military power.
In a recent article about William J. Rossetti in The Guardian, written by Sam Levin, “A review of public records by the Anti-Eviction Mapping Project, a pro-tenant group, suggests that the Bay Area real estate executive William J. Rossetti, through his expansive portfolio of property companies and investments, is Oakland’s number one “mega-evictor”.?
The organization’s research and an analysis by the Guardian reveal that in Oakland, Rosetti and his business firms have filed more than 3,000 eviction notices, which are the first step in removing a tenant. The data, along with accounts from evicted tenants, paint a picture of painful displacement and rising income inequality in Oakland, a city that is rapidly gentrifying amid the tech boom of nearby San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
“These evictions and the rent increases are part of an ecosystem that’s leading to a massive demographic shift of who can live in Oakland,” said Erin McElroy, co-founder of the mapping project and co-author of a new report on displacement in the region.
Evictions aren’t the only way Rosetti may be having an impact on Oakland. The researchers were particularly shocked to discover that the apparent top evictor has a seat on Mayor Libby Schaaf’s “housing cabinet”, a body dedicated to promoting equity and affordable housing in an increasingly unaffordable city.”
The List Of The Top Serial Mega-Evictors in Oakland
Eviction Notices (including 3 day pay or quit) recorded by the Oakland Rent Board (2008, 2011-2016)
1. WILLIAM ROSETTI et al 4068?
2. OAKLAND HOUSING AUTHORITY 1903?
3. EBALDC East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation 1106 ?
4. PRANA INVESTMENTS 992?
5. ROBERT E. FAUSSNER 716?
6. RICHARD and VICTORIA THOMAS 714?
7. SUMSKI AND BRIDWELL / DAVIS COIT APARTMENTS LLC 591 ?
8. RUSSELL AND RAIZ TAPLIN 555?
9. FEREIDOON AND HOMAYOUN HASHEMI 555?
10. JACQUELINE JACKSON nee OLIVERI / OLIVERI TRUSTS 435?
11. KDF COMMUNITIES 397 ?
12. NEIL SULLIVAN / REO HOMES LLC 357?
13. JAMES LEWIS, MARK ROEMER, JOHN T BAKER et al 332?
14. HOPE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORP 332?
15. MICHAEL VALVA/ MICHAEL BRESSO/ BRUCE CHAMBERS 329?
16. OAKLAND COMMUNITY HOUSING INC 302?
17. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ADVOCATES INC 299?
18. RICHARD J ELIZABETH SALVINI 287?
19. THE DARKE FAMILY 286?
20. BRIDGE HOUSING 270?
21. URBAN GREEN/ SAROSH KUMANA/ SINGER/ TIDWELL, et al 257?
22. LUIS A ROSA M DASILVA 256?
23. ELLISON FAMILY LP /Thomas and Ann Seaman, Managers 253?
24. MARTIN GAEHWILER 238?
25. THOMAS V VIRGINIA G BROWN / LORNA LOPEZ 238 ?
26. SHEIKH A SHARINA FAIZ 232?
27. CLARA A JON B TENNIS 227?
28. WAYNE WILKERSON 223?
29. RESOURCES FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT 222 ?
30. ANTHONY PATRICIA THEOPHILOS 217?
31. MORH HOUSING ASSOCIATES 208?
32. WEYLIN G ROSELYN M ENG 207?
33. PIEDMONT HOUSING ASSOCIATES 204?
34. SATELLITE HOMES 197?
35. DAHL D LOUISE HUA 191?
36. GRANT ALVERNAZ /ALVERNAZ PARTNERS 186?
37. KELLER HOUSING INITIATIVES 181?
38. HANUMANDLA R HANUMANDLA J REDDY 180?
39. MICHAEL BYKHOVSKY 178 ?
40. LEON BELAUSTEGUI 158?
41. CRAIG J M E LUCCHESE 149?
42. ROBERT Y SUSANA CHAN 145?
43. JASON S KAREN J MAK 137?
44. MARCELLA S HARDY 136?
45. ROBERTA MCCOY /ORANGE BLOSSOM LLC 131?
46. RAUB FAMILY 131 ?
47. LAKMIN V ABEYGOONESEKERA 130?
48. J W BARBARA O SILVEIRA 130?
49. DANIEL A JUANITA M SULLIVAN 126?
50. TSAI A MARGARET J LU 123?
51. OAK CENTER HOMES 123?
52. STEVEN W HUNTER 121?
53. PHILIP J HALVERSON JILL F HALVERSON 116 ?
54. RAYMOND XIANG AND KAI ZHANG/ RAY KAI LLC 114?
55. JANET PATTERSON, LINDA N. TRAN /BOMH 112?
56. THOMAS H. WILSON/ HODGE CAPITAL COMPANY 112 ?
57. CARL SUZANNE MERNER / CSM GROUP LLC 109?
58. MANN FAMILY 108?
59. STEPHEN S HELENA S LEUNG 107 ?
60. MICHAEL IOLA JAMES/ BREAKAWAY PROPERTIES LLC 103?
61. JOHN S DENISE DEFAZIO 103?
62. JANOS GLUCK / CROWN FORTUNE REALTY 102 ?
63. CARL R JOYCE I BLACKSHEAR 100?
64. JOHN BUSK 99?
65. RICHARD A JUDD LINDA L AGERTER 98?
66. WINSTON CHOW 96?
67. T A ANDREWS 93 ?
68. WILLIAM NORTON /NORTON CO LLC 86?
69. ROBERT AGEE/ VISTA REVERSE 18 LLC 86?
70. HEIRS OF ROBERT H BOHNA 85?
71. BRIAN KHO SHU J YOU 84?
72. JON O FREEMAN 84?
73. DAN MARTINEZ / TAKLAHOE LLC 84?
74. MADHU (MATT) ANJALI SRIDHAR/ SRIDHAR EQUITIES 82 ?
75. LYNNE BELMONT 82?
76. EASTWEST BANK 82?
77. DEUTSCHE BANK NATIONAL TRUST CO 80?
78. DANIEL LIEBERMAN 80?
79. CITY OF OAKLAND REDEVELOPMENT 79?
80. PETER MARY SUPINO 78 ?
81. DAVID G SANDRA K DICKSON ETAL 77?
82. RUSSELL CASTEN SHAW 77?
83. GEORGE STAMM JANE BALOCCO / STAMM THEATERS INC. 74 ?
84. ANTHONY YAU TSE CHRISTOPHER TSE 74?
85. LIH OAKLAND APARTMENTS LP / CASA MAJOR INC. 74?
86. HARRY GAIL PARKS ET AL / PARKS ENTERPRISES INC 73 ?
87. STEPHEN ZANNIS 73?
88. SONJA N COLBERT 71?
89. DANIEL LEE/ D C LEE 70?
90. JOHN JOSEPH CEPOLLINA / FJC EQUITIES LLC 70?
91. BRUCE A SYLVIA R YARIAN 69?
92. YAHYA M. KORIN 69?
93. JAMES MOLLY SHAW 67?
94. ROBIN L BERRY ETAL 65 ?
95. BOBBE J WILLIAMS 63 ?
96. EMILE M HELEN R CARLES 62?
97. WILLIAM C HAJAR MCGUIRE 62?
98. DOROTHY JAMES HATLEY / FOUR ACES INVESTMENTS LLC 60?
99. GIL C FRIAS ETAL 60?
100. LINDA T KUO 60 ?
101. LILY WANG 59?
102. THOMAS T CHERYL L TATUM 58?
103. CHRISTINE WIMBISHDIATTA 58 ?
104. KAI Q KAI W WANG 57?
105. MIKHAIL RITA GAMBARIN, ROMAN TEPER ETAL / GMR 56 ?
106. JAMES P MICHAEL F CRAMER ETAL 56?
107. DAVID SILVER / FOOTHILL PLAZA PARTNERS LLC 56?
108. CARL J MERNER 56?
109. JUN K WAI K TOM 56?
110. NEIL and DIANE GOODHUE 55?
111. RICHARD T WANDA Y WONG 55?
112. PAUL LANGLEY /BRANNAN LLC 54?
113. SANDRA V MICHAEL J PREVOT 54?
114. SANFORD K GLORIA F MA 53?
115. CLIFFORD TONG / DIVERSE STRATEGIES 53?
116. JERRY BEVERLY STEMACH HERBERT T YUKI ETAL 53?
117. GEORGE MCLAUGHLIN 52?
118. JAMES H LUTGARDA H OBANDO 52?
119. CHUCK, EDWARD AND FLORENCE LAM / TWINTREE LLC 52?
120. NATHAN RYAN / DMR INVESTMENTS OF THE BAY / RMD 52?
121. VINCENT MARRIETT DIMAGGIO/ MACARTHUR ASSOCIATES 52 ?
122. STACY P STONE 48?
123. CHAO H SUSAN H TANG 46?
124. PAUL K LINDA O WANG 46?
125. CHAO W KEH C TING ETAL 45?
126. PAUL WANG HENRY CHAN / GREEN HILL 44?
127. MERLE E SMITH OLGA Z EDSMAN 44?
128. TIMOTHY RYAN ALEX GUREVICH / BITTER SEAS 43?
129. FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION 43?
130. SUREN DIANA TOOMAJIAN 43?
131. JOSE AURORA Y PATINO 42?
132. SAM Y FANNY T WONG 42?
133. STEPHEN M ZANNIS 42?
134. S A CASERTA NANCY L VANKAT 41 ?
135. VIRGINIA THOMSEN MARIA E LUCCHESE 41 ?
136. DANIEL M MARTIN 40?
137. MICHAEL J JEANNEE P MARTIN 40?
138. JEFFERY E CHAIDEZ ETAL 39?
139. PATRICE HARRISON EDGLEY 39?
140. KERDELL D LILLARD 39?
141. ANGELA MARK 39?
142. RIC CLAUSEN / 356 JAYNE AVENUE LLC 37 ?
143. JAMES HILL, CARLOS WILKERSON / 532 16TH STREET INC 37?
144. PATEL AMINDER RAJESH 36
In Oakland Measure JJ is on the ballot in November and if voted into law it will help to protect renters by strengthening existing renter protection laws. Voters are urged to vote YES on Measure JJ to help stabilize communities in Oakland, and slow down greedy landlords involved in price gouging and eviction-for-profit schemes. If Measure JJ passes, it would strengthen the very same renter protection laws that Mayor Schaaf would have weakened on behalf of the landlords and EBHRA, if she had the opportunity to do so.
Renter protections will be on the ballot in 6 cities during November in the Bay Area. No matter how hard the landlords and the California Apartment Association are trying to stop the renters movement, tenant advocates across the Bay Area are urging renters to vote on strong renter protections during the upcoming November elections in the cities of Richmond, Oakland, Alameda, Burlingame, San Mateo, and Mountain View. The activists are urging people to vote “no” against any weak proposals placed on the ballot by the City Council in Alameda, and Mountain View.
Lynda Carson may be reached at tenantsrule [at] yahoo.com
Article source: https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2016/11/01/18792925.php